Friday, January 11, 2008

T-minus 2 weeks and counting....

We leave on our delayed Honeymoon on Jan 26th and I haven't even STARTED packing!!!! Those of you who know me, know that this is very much NOT like me. Mike teases me by calling me the "Vacation Nazi", but he will also admit that we have a GREAT time on vacation.... I typically have our destination researched, activities listed out, and each day "planned" months before leaving.

We decided around this time last year to go someplace tropical for our honeymoon. We got married August 11th last year on a beautiful, typical Western New York Saturday. Now, why go to the tropics when the summer here is so short??? Oh, did I mention that August is also near-peak hurricane season (not that it ever stopped us before)??? And good thing that we did delay our honeymoon because exactly one week after our wedding, Hurricane Dean took dead aim at Jamaica. The north part of the island was spared from the storm, but I was glued to the computer, listening to the local radio online and reading the chatrooms during Dean's "visit" hoping for the best for the little island and her people.



After a trip to the travel agent we went from honeymooning at Sandal's in St. Lucia to going to Grand Lido Braco in Jamaica. Grand Lido Braco is a SuperInclusive resort, meaning unlimited food and drink along with Scuba Diving and golf fo 10 DAYS!!!! Plus, with all of Mike's travelling, he amassed more that enough frequent flyer miles for us to fly first-class without draining his account. I can't wait!!!!


BUT, before we go there is a ton of things we need to do such as rent pool time at the Aquatic Center here in Rochester, tan so I don't get burned, buy a "little black dress", and of course, at least write down all the things we want to do (maybe I'll even plan out a couple days!!!!).

No comments: