Thursday, April 10, 2008

Car Problems

Remember all the good news we had??? Now is when the universe balances everything out...

Yesterday my car started making this really strange grinding, squealing, thumping noise that I have NEVER heard before. It only made the sound when it was moving, didn't matter what gear it was in - in fact it didn't matter if it was even IN gear.

So I'm took it to the shop today. The only thing I could think of was a bad bearing or something. The guy at the dealership heard the sound and thought it was a bad e-brake cable. After the technician did an initial inspection, the report was... drumroll please.... Bad rear wheel bearing!!! I asked (with a smile and a wink) if that was covered under my 10 year/100K mile power train warranty. He said, "No, but it WOULD have been if my car was a rear wheel drive"... I joked "Isn't that what I have".. He said "Uh, no, but nice try". Hey, a girls gotta try, right?

No comments: